CPHS Speaker Bookings Now Open for 2023
Whatever you would like to know about the history of Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton, we have a speaker who is an expert on the subject. Since its inception, CPHS has deployed speakers to tell the stories of the Base before and after the Marine Corps bought the 125,000-acre former cattle ranch in 1942.
We’ll Go to Your Venue
Our speakers bring to life stories about subjects as diverse as:
• “The Portola Expedition and Mission Era”
• “Family Life in the Santa Margarita Ranch House and Las Flores Adobe”, a 3-part series
– Rancheros: Pio Pico, Andreas Pico, Don Juan Forster
– San Franciscans: Floods, O’Neills and Baumgartners
– Farmers: Magee Family and Las Flores Adobe
• “Presidential Visits to the Generals’ House”
• “Women in the Marine Corps: 1942 to Present”
• “Marine Corps Mechanized Museum: the World’s Largest Marine Corps Vintage Vehicle and Artillery Collection”
• “Operation New Arrivals: the 1975 Southeast Asian Refugee Program”
• “Animals in Peace and War”, a 2-part series
– Staff Sgt. Reckless: How Reckless got her name
– Hero Dogs from World War II through the War on Terrorism
• “Surf City USA: Evolution of the Surfing Culture at San Onofre Beach”
• “On the Set: Movies filmed at Camp Pendleton”
Sign Up Now
Schedule key dates such as Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Veterans Day. The presentations are free to your organization though we do encourage donations. Speakers pay for their own transportation, bring visuals (slides, videos), handouts, and books (as applicable) for sale. We ask that your venue provide audio-visual equipment support.
Contact the CPHS Speakers Bureau at email@example.com.
Donate to CPHS using PayPal!